Discover just how much more the greater Cape Town area has to offer than just the City Bowl. On this fascinatingly diverse, full day, 200 kilometer tour, we set off along the Atlantic Seaboard.
- On request, stop at “Original T-Bag Design CC” a small company situated in Hout Bay, providing employment for a few previously unemployed residents from Imazamo Yethu. T-Bag Designs are created from used t-bags onto which the artists apply their own ethnic designs, which are then incorporated into a range of products.
- Pass a township – Imizamo Yethu- and learn about township life and the massive achievements in re-building the lives of previously disadvantaged South Africans.
- Drive along the spectacular Chapmans Peak Drive.
- Pollsmoor Correctional Services – the prison where Nelson Mandela spent 7 years of his life behind bars- after 17 years on Robben Island.
- Cape Point – where standing at the top of the “point” you can gaze in the respective directions of the mighty Indian and Atlantic Oceans!
- Cape of Good Hope – the south-westernmost point of the African Continent.
- Enjoy your lunch in the restaurant overlooking False Bay. We then depart for Cape Town via the Indian Ocean side of the Peninsula.
- Boulders – natural breeding colony of the African Penguin
- Simonstown – headquarters of the South African Navy
- Fishoek, Kalk Bay, St. James and Muizenberg(Rhode’s Cottage)
- M3 Motorway through “Millionaires Mile” of Bishops Court before our arrival in the city.
- Optional extras at an additional cost: Hout Bay – boat trip to Duiker Island; Choc and wine pairing at Groot Constantia wine estate; or Kirstenbosch botanical gardens
Included: All admission fees
Excluded: Lunch and refreshments.
Half Day – R1200
Full Day – R1490
Full Day with ONE of the 3 optional activities listed above – R1600